SENIOR PURCHASING MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer accurate quantity take-offs and estimates. Monitor competitive bidding, contract negotiation, and value engineering. Re-bid trades if cost increases occur.
- Determine accurate standard specifications for each trade. Ensure that all trades are under trade contractor agreement. Develop relationships with trades committed to reducing costs and increasing quality.
- Analyze cost codes by phase for cost-saving measures and techniques. Communicate any substantial hard-cost changes to the Director of Operations.
- Research and approve invoices and variance purchase orders to meet Accounting department deadlines.
- Stay current on building codes, construction techniques, and trends affecting the home building industry.
- Schedule starts to match monthly projections for the Director of Operations
- Create and maintain Bid Sheets/Unit Pricing.
- Create and maintain scopes of work for trades
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
- College degree preferred; 4 + years’ experience in Residential Homebuilding Production or Purchasing experience a plus. Construction knowledge, required. Experience in multi-family and single family purchasing and construction
- Proficient in understanding/interpreting the company’s financials and proven experience in the budgeting process
- Tech savvy and proficient with today’s most popular software and social media applications
- Precise and articulate written and oral communication; ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrate individual and group presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively identify and respond to shifting priorities
- Problem analysis and conflict resolution at both a strategic and functional level